Orion Shared Care Project – Closed/Ended
The Orion Project delivered a cloud-based Shared Care Planning Tool to participating clinicians, including local general practices, public and private health services.
It ran as a 12 month trial to test the shared care tool concept.
Orion was provided for adult patients in the Richmond and Tweed areas of Northern NSW living with chronic and complex care needs
Orion was available to GPs, LHD staff and private allied health, pharmacy and specialists.
The project was supported technically by Northern NSW Integrated Care partners including:
- The NNSW Local Health District;
- North Coast Primary Health Network and
- NSW Ministry of Health’s eHealth team.
A qualitative and quantitative evaluation was completed and is available on request.
The project has been subjected to rigourous consultation and has been designed with clinicians, for clinicians.
The system was subject to eHealth NSWs Privacy, Security and Assurance Framework (PSAF) and privacy system and has been subjected to an Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s Privacy Impact Assessment.
- You can contact the project here.
- Key project information is here.
- For Media Enquiries, contact Integrated Care.
- Got a question? Ask here.
- Users requiring technical help should contact support via the helpdesk.
The participating GP practices included:
- Bullinah AMS
- Goonellabah Medical Centre
- Casino AMS
- King Street Medical Centre
- Queen Street Medical
- Cornerstone Medical Centre
- Healthwise Medical Centre
- Bugalwena General Practice
- Alstonville Clinic
- The Yellow Gate (Bangalow)