eReferrals GP Help Page
Get access to eReferrals
eReferrals to NNSWLHD’s Lismore Specialty Outpatient Clinics and Lismore Pain Clinic was made available to all GPs with HealthLink Secure Messaging and HealthLink SmartForms in early August 2020.
If your practice does not have HealthLink Secure Messaging or SmartForms, please contact HealthLink on 1800 125 036 to organise this. NNSWLHD cannot do this for you.
eReferrals are free for GPs to send to NNSWLHD.
The current HealthLink SmartForm-based eReferral capable services are below. Referrers can open HealthLink Forms in Best Practice, Medical Director and Genie for the latest list.
To request other services be considered, please use this form.
Current at 21/5/2021.
- Lismore Specialty Outpatient Clinics:
- ENT Clinic
- Fracture Clinic
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- High Risk Pregnancy Service
- Infectious Diseases
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Lismore Pain Clinic
- Integrated Aboriginal Chronic Care (all NNSWLHD)
- Lismore Knee and Hip Arthritis Service (KAHAS)
- Lismore High Risk Foot Service (HRFS)
- Lismore Pulmonary Rehabilitation Service
- Lismore Respiratory Liaison Service
- Sexual Health Services (all LHD)
For help, log a request on this page.
HealthLink’s SmartForms supports Best Practice, Medical Director and Genie at present. It works best with the latest versions of each (this is especially the case for Best Practice).
GPs and practice managers will find a range of useful resources below, including:
- Quick Reference Guides (“QRGs” and sometimes called Quick Start Guides)
- Demonstration videos (which you can download to your computer if needed)
- Fully interactive click-through training videos
If you would like to see any resources added, just contact the project team.
For Practice Managers
eReferrals can be implemented under a QI PIP: refer to this Healthy North Coast (PHN) page for more information.
To help prompt/remind GPs about eReferral clinics, these downloadable resources are free to use. The LHD will maintain the currency of these items.
- GP desktop prompt – print and laminate for GP computer screens as a prompt.
- Lost of eReferral-ready LHD services – print and laminate for lunch room/breakout area of GP office.
Practice Managers are encouraged to provide suggestions for other materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to see FAQs (or suggest others).
Current issues and change requests from GPs
Located here. Note, the LHD has a list of form improvements identified through testing that have been communicated to HealthLink.
Quick Reference Guides
- eReferral Quick Start Guide Best Practicev2 (Right-Click to Save-As or click to open in new browser [PDF])
- eReferral Quick Start Guide Medical Director (Right-Click to Save-As or click to open in new browser [PDF])
- Genie eReferrals Quick Start Guide (Right-Click to Save-As or click to open in new browser [PDF])
The project team has produced two kinds of videos.
- Demonstration videos with no interaction: used for refamiliarisation and pre-training.
- Fully interactive/clickable videos which walk GPs through the referral creation process.
For GPs, there are videos for each of the supported Clinical Information Systems – Best Practice, Genie and Medical Director.
Please note, there is no voice over to these videos. The videos are interactive and guide you through by having you click and perform key tasks to aid learning. At some points, the videos will stop and waiting for your input. At these points, you will receive clear instructions where to click.
- Send an eReferral with Medical Director
- Checking Referral Status Updates and Parked eReferrals in MD
- GP eReferral Demo video
- Attach Documents to an eReferral – watch this to learn how to find a document (eg radiology, pathology, care plan, etc) to an eReferral if the document doesn’t appear in the list.
- eReferrals to Respiratory Clinic and Respiratory Laboratory